Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Jacked Up - Really!

I can't believe Jacked Up by Erin McCarthy is getting good reviews.  In fact, I'm starting to believe that people post reviews for books they haven't read more frequently than I once thought.

I'm hoping that my review for AAR gives a more accurate picture of Jacked Up.  If readers want some suggestions for much, much better titles that are set in the mechanic's melieu, then I'd suggest Sarah Mayberry's She's Got It Bad or Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley.  (A side note: MM is the las of a series of four books.  Skip the previous three and just read MM.  You'll thank me for this tip.)

One thought about the cover:  Great bod, but he doesn't look like what I picture a jack-man to be.  I'm thinking more pro football tackle Michael Oher or somebody built like him.  But having never studied jack-men, I could be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment