Saturday, December 8, 2012

Forward and Backward

My review of Conquest appears on today's All About Romance page.  One thing I forgot to mention in the review is that there's a lot of gay sex in the book, a fact I should have mentioned since not all gay romances are wall-to-wall sex.  I should know since I've been reading a lot of them lately as I decide which ones to review and which to pass.

So far the review list includes these authors:

Sean Kennedy
Jay Bell
Z. A. Maxfield
Robbie Michaels
Amy Lane
Brent Hartinger
L. A. Gilbert
K. A. Mitchell
Jeff Erno

On my to be read list are
Sprout by Dale Peck
Fate Lends a Leg by Jax Cordoba
With or Without You by Brian Farrey
The Screwed-up Life of Charlie the Second by Drew Ferguson
By That Sin Fell the Angels by Jamie Fessenden

Thank you, Robbie Michaels, for providing me with such an outstanding list of gay romance.  Your Most Popular Guy series is outstanding!  I'm waiting to read more from you.

But back to the Conquest series.  I'm now finishing the drummer, and about to embark on the pianist / keyboardist's story.  Unlike some series that get better and better with each book then seem to taper off, these are pretty even throughout the series, although Jesse and Evan get harder and harder to take with each one.  Jesse is more over the top flamboyant while Evan is starting to get middle-aged angry.  They haven't lot their teen lust and flaunting of PDA.  Sheesh!  As if PDA made a point about gay men.  Whatever.

And isn't the cover art the worst you've ever seen?  Since I read the book in Kindle form, I'm glad I didn't see it before I read the excerpt.  I'm not sure I would have bought a paperback with that cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment