Wednesday, February 13, 2013

In Love with a Movie Star

I read Tina Reber's Love Unscripted first when it was just available in e-book form.  I remember it being much tighter and not as nuanced as the book I reviewed for AAR.  That being said, I must add that either version of the book is very good.  My only quibble with it was what Ryan saw in Taryn other than the comfort factor.

I wanted to see more information on why Ryan loved this woman who comes across as remarkably bland.  Just because her bar is a haven and she seems "normal" to him, is that enough for a lasting relationship?  I don't know.  Do mega-stars look for mates who will ground them?  Is that what everyone is actually looking for in someone to spend a lifetime with?

That's not to say there isn't sex in this book.  There is.  But considering that part of what Ryan does for a living is creating sex scenes with hot co-stars, Reber seems to understand that sex isn't enough and portrays that, unlike other contemporary romances these days.

I still wonder, however, what the glue that binds Ryan to Taryn is.  Is "normal" (in this case, slightly boring) enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment