Thursday, January 16, 2014

Selling Men Cosmetics? Why not?

I was dubious when I saw the galley of Talya Andor's The Fall Guide available on NetGalley.  But after reading the sample, I decided to read the book for review at AAR.  I'm glad I did.

At first glance, Eric looks to be a complete twink flake.  As we all know, however, looks can be deceiving, which is the point of Eric's new line of cosmetics for men.  Eric's vision isn't just for gay men but for all men, just as cosmetics for women are for all women.

While it sounds on the surface as silly, at least to someone like myself who wears no makeup, it isn't since as Andor points out so many men wear makeup on the job.  No?  You don't think so?  Think again.  What do Mr. Rogers, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tom Cruise, and any other male stage or screen star have in common on the job?  Yup, makeup.

So once I got past my prejudice about men and makeup, and let myself go with the flow, The Fall Guide became an interesting and enjoyable book.  Good job, Andor!  I can't wait to read more of your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment