Tuesday, December 2, 2014

One Step Closer to Publication

Today I received the final galley proof of What's in a Name?  So the process is proceeding one step at a time.  (The bookmark graphic for the book is at left--though I'm not quite sure why an e-Novella needs a bookmark.  Hmmmm....)

Sometimes when I read it, I think it's wonderful and am very proud I've written it.  Other times, not so much.  I'm hoping readers will land on the wonderful side of the evaluation and have a few laughs and maybe end with an "ahhhh."

Whichever way it goes, I won't be monitoring it much since I'm trying (after a month of sickness in October) to get the second book in the series finished and submitted to see if Dreamspinner Press wants it or not.  Among other decisions I have to make is what to title the second book.  So far it's either Fredi Goes a Courtin' or it's Redesigning Max.  Whatever I end up with, I still have to write the long summary and get edits back from my husband before I can query DSP.

So it's onward and upward these days.  I might not have finished the November writing challenge, but I did finish two drafts of the sequel to What's in a Name? and completed the proofs and cover processes.  That was good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment