Thursday, October 27, 2011

Beauty in the Desert

My Desert Island Keeper review of Jessica Sims Beauty Dates the Beast was posted today at AAR.  What's funny is that I've pretty much had my fill of paranormal romances, especially those featuring shifters.  There's something inherently gloppy and yucky about the shift process that I've read described one too many times.

I actually asked for Beauty Dates the Beast because I thought it would be a variation on the Beauty and the Beast fairytale.  Updated versions of fairytales intrigue me, so I was eager to read Sims' book.  You can imagine my disappointment when I read the blurb on the book and found out I'd gotten a shifter novel instead.

But since I'm a reviewer and had asked for the book, I began reading, convinced that I wouldn't like the book at all.  Which all goes to prove that Desert Island Keepers are hidden in the most unexpected places!

No comments:

Post a Comment