Sunday, November 13, 2011
5 Reviewed in Booklist's latest
* Demons Like It Hot by Sidney Ayers, a sequel to her Demons Prefer Blondes that I reviewed for the June 2011 edition of Booklist. Book two follows closely on the heels of book one, so it's more of a squeekquel.
* Silver Sparks by Starr Ambrose, a cautionary tale about taking on the popular press and one of its icons. This one asks the question, "What's truth go to do with it?"
* A Place Called Home by Jo Goodman that I read and wrote the review in August, but the publication date got pushed back until December. It's been so long ago that I had to read the review to remember what the book was about.
* The Heart of a Killer by Jaci Burton, which is a cautionary tale about childhood love and trust. I thought another character would have made a better killer, but the one Burton picks isn't totally unbelievable.
* Briar Patch by Linda Sole, which is melodrama writ large. I couldn't believe what glowing reviews her other books have gotten. This one was pure soap opera.