Thursday, February 23, 2012

Beautiful Disaster

One of the joys of reviewing for AAR is finding others who enjoy the same books as I do.  A case in point is Louise VanderVliet (aka Aimee) whose review of a book that I too loved runs today.

Even better than sharing a reaction to a book is finding a reviewer who puts what I feel about the book into exactly the right words.  Aimee does that in the review of Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire.  This book was so controversial on the in-house message board that I decided to read it even though at first glance it didn't seem like something I'd enjoy.

What I found, however, was a contemporary romance like Sarah Mayberry's She's Got It Bad, another book that I read on the recommendation of an AAR reviewer, Katie Mack.  Both show a grittier side of life than is usually explored by romance writers, yet both highlight why romance and the promise of love are so pervasive and enduring.

(NOTE: Word has it that McGuire's next book will be the Beautiful Disaster story as seen from the guy's point of view.  Considering that so much is left out of Disaster because the woman isn't involved, this should also be a terrific book.  Can't wait to read it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment