Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Redwoods Romance

A month or so ago, my husband and I stayed at an Elim Grove cabin on the site of Raymond's Bakery outside Cazadero, California, right in the heart of redwood country, in Northern California not far from the coast.  All I could think at every turn in the bend was that any minute we would be smack dab in the center of Virgin River territory.

Well, we didn't run into Jack, Preacher, Mel or any of the other Virgin River characters who are so wonderfully portrayed by Robyn Carr that it seems right to think of them as real.  They are definitely as real to me as some of the other people I read about in the news but have never met.

At any rate, my review of Carr's latest, Redwood Bend, appears today, and just looking at the cover of the book, I already miss our mini-vacation at Raymond's.

No comments:

Post a Comment