Thursday, July 5, 2012

An Angel in the End

I read Cindy Holby's Angel's End before I went into surgery in May and really enjoyed the book.  But I didn't start writing the review until I was recovering in June.  Turns out that writing a review when on drugs didn't help my reviewing at all.  Or so my husband, who edits my reviews, says.

I guess I'm just not a Charles Bukowski or Hemingway type writer who can ingest copious amounts of drugs--either solid or liquid--and write a lucid sentence.  In fact, after the first attempt, my husband's question was "Did you like the book or not?  I can't tell."  Oops!  That's bad for a reviewer.  If the reader can't tell on a basic level what the reviewer thinks, then the review fails in a big way.

While I'd like you to read the review that's posted on AAR today, I will say that my bottom line was that I liked the book very much.  And as I say there, I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment