Friday, July 6, 2012

Let Me Pick That Out for You

Not to take anything away from automated referral systems, but I'm still trying to get my mind around services like E-Harmony and Rhapsody that take something I like and then tell me what else I will like.  Most of the time with the music services, I feel like my choices are hemming me into a small box.  Often having the same suggestions made over and over annoy me to the point of wanting to shake the service in order to get a better match.  (I haven't tried e-Harmony since I've been married 40 years and so far haven't needed to try it.)

So I was pleasantly surprised when Amazon made a suggestion for an author unfamiliar to me and I actually loved the book.  My review for About Last Night by Ruthie Knox is on AAR today.  My skepticism about electronic recommendations is lessened by this very enjoyable book.

No comments:

Post a Comment