Saturday, May 31, 2014

While I Was Vacationing

Becca and cover model
 C. J. Hollenbach
at the RT Convention
I took the last week off and went to Pacific Grove, home of the wintering Monarch butterflies, next door to Monterey, California.  While there is a sandy beach where families and surfers play, what draws me is the rockier coastline, the small furry creatures, and the beautiful, endless waves.

Usually I try to do no work at all, but this time I had three review books to read--all for Booklist this time.  I've also decided to write a short story to submit for an upcoming Dreamspinner anthology, so I spent most of the time breathing in the sea breezes, reading, and writing.

In the meantime, here in cyberspace, my articles and reviews were being published.  Instead of writing blog pieces about them individually, I'm listing each of them here:

All About Romance ran both Surviving the Convention, my account of the Romantic Times convention in May and a blog piece, From the Review's Studio, about why I chose to review gay romances and how I choose the books to review.

Booklist also ran my account of the RT Convention in the Likely Stories book blog under the headline Gay Romance Comes Out at the Romantic Times ConventionAlso, my review of Jude Deveraux's From All Time ran in the July 2014 e-copy of the magazine.

The Romance Reviews ran my review of Missed Connections: I Swear to You.

So even though I wasn't at home, my week away was very busy online.

No comments:

Post a Comment