Friday, September 11, 2015

Lovely Downtown Pacific Grove

Downtown Pacific Grove, California
I love writing when I'm at the beach-side town of Pacific Grove, California.  Some people in my family who will go unnamed think I'm defeating the purpose of being at the beach where I can stroll on the accessible walkway and soak up the sunshine and sea breezes.

But I prefer to go to the downtown Pacific Grove coffee shop, get a glass of iced tea (which they always seem to have to search for), get a piece of whatever homemade bread they're featuring that day, and while away the hours before lunch writing.

I started Behr Facts, third in the Foothills Pride series which is coming out at the end of October, there, and have written bits and pieces of the other Pride stories while letting the ambiance of the coffee shop settle around me.  People coming and going don't bother me, but sometimes when I really get into the writing groove, I'm stunned to look up and realize there are only one or two of us left when the place was packed only moments before.

Bloggers and readers like to ask how writers write.  This is my story, and I'm sticking to it.  It's not exciting, or flashy, or particularly inspiring.  But it's the answer to an often-asked question.

Where is your creative space?  The place where you actually get something done?  I'd love to know.

If you haven't read the first two of the Foothills Pride series, What's in a Name? or Redesigning Max, you can use the Amazon links to the right of this blog piece or click on the titles to order them.

No comments:

Post a Comment