Saturday, October 8, 2011

Don't Discredit Christian Romance

The review for Robin Lee Hatcher's Belonging is running on today's AAR site.  If romances in general are looked down upon by some people, it seems Christian fiction is often seen as being lower than the low.  In fact, until I started reading them for review, I often caught myself disparaging them.

But I and anyone else who does look down on the books as a whole are wrong.  Hatcher's book is a prime example of a Christian romance fiction book that is entertaining while still keeping its religious roots.  These aren't Bible-thumpers as most of us aren't, but regular small-town Idaho citizens trying to make a living at the end of the nineteenth century.  Like any group of people, there are good ones and not so good ones, but all are realistically drawn and compelling people to read about.

After reading this book, I'm definitely putting Hatcher on my "watch for" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment