Thursday, December 1, 2011

One Book Discussed

Last week Leigh asked me if I'd agree to write a Pandora's Box dialog review with her for AAR.  She'd just finished reading Deliciously Sinful and thought that since I'd favorably reviewed Too Hot to Touch that I'd like Sinful.  Since she didn't like the book much, she thought we could have a rousing dialog about it.

When I first saw the cover as I was getting a review copy of the book, I confused it with the cover for Beauty Dates the Beast which I'd enjoyed and for which I'd written a DIK review.  You can imagine my surprise when I discovered my mistake.

After reading the book, I realized that I agreed with Leigh's assessment of it, so we were in a quandary: Should we write a Pandora's Box or not?  In the end, we decided to write the dialog since there were so many places where we differed on what we liked and mostly disliked about the book.

Leigh was right about one thing, however.  Deliciously Sinful is the type of book that I like: hot bad-boy chefs, the girls who open the guys' eyes and hearts, and glorious descriptions of food.  What's not to like?  I just wish Deliciously Sinful had delivered.  I was really hungry for some take-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment