Friday, February 17, 2012

Off on a Tangent

One of the nice things (among many nice things) about reviewing for AAR is the ability to go off on a tangent now and again with the daily blog or the daily After Hours blog.  Today I roll with the lie I used to tell myself about what kind of romances I prefer.

I do read a lot of Western romances, both historical and contemporary, as well as series and contemporary romances.  On my personal Top 100 book list are a smattering of everything as the top 10 books illustrate:

  1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte: classic
  2. Slightly Dangerous by Mary Balogh: Regency
  3. The Temporary Wife by Mary Balogh: Regency
  4. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger: time-travel / fantasy
  5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: classic
  6. Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas: Regency
  7. The More I See You by Lynn Kurland: time-travel / Medieval
  8. The Older Woman by Cheryl Reavis: contemporary
  9. She's Got It Bad by Sarah Mayberry: contemporary
  10. A Reason to Live by Maureen McKade: Post Civil War America
So no one type of romance really rules, which I hadn't realized until I sat down and looked at my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment