Sunday, January 5, 2014

Canadian Gay Romance Rocks

When a male model wants to become his own man and shuck his sugar daddy, buying an abandoned church in order to refurbish it for destination gay weddings seems like a good idea.  I wasn't sure I wanted to read Kate Sherwood's The Fall but even though the promo material didn't exactly sell me, Sherwood's writing drew me in and now I'm looking forward to the book's sequel.

Sherwood has built a wonderful tight-knit community around the clueless Mackenzie, whose first name (Scott) is mentioned once in the book.  I've got to wonder why this is such a mystery and why the former model doesn't use it.  Maybe I'm making more out of this minor mystery than is called for, but I'm hoping there's a great story behind it in the next book.

More than anything, it's great to see a gay romance set in Canada, and rural Canada at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment